WordPress is by far the best CMS blogging platform in the world today. Anyone stuck on stupid with blogging can easily install WP on their web server through a one or few clicks operation. Once installed on your server and domain name, you can configure WordPress and automatically enable it to the point of self-updating.
Here's 5 quick ways to keep your WordPress blog updated:
1. Allow WordPress to download and install the most up to date version of WP. This frees up your time from manually using CuteFTP.com or some other file transfer protocol program to manually downloading and updating WP on your dedicated server. When WP updates itself, you have more free time to do as you please and create more content on the fly for your blog.
2. Make sure you allow your WP plugins to update itself through a one click operation inside your WordPress administrative dashboard. Doing so will once again free up your time and not worry about manually uploading the plugin through an FTP program.
3. Write content daily. Fresh content is acknowledged quietly by Bing.com, Google.com, Lycos.com, YaHoO.com, and other search engines. Search engine crawlers scour the web 24 hours a day quietly looking for new content to crawl and index in search engine results pages. The more content you publish, the more traffic you receive, which in turn helps boost SEO and sales. You want more sales from your blog and increased commissions from your affiliate links on your blog, right?
Related: 7 WordPress plugins to show recommended content on your site - BestTechie.com
4. Install the WordPress content scheduling plugin. It's available for download free of charge from the WordPress plugins directory. The goodness of scheduling blog posts to post on a certain date and time is having the plugin post the content for you while unattended from the computer. In other words, you don't have to sit at the PC dredging all day or 1/2 the day writing content and confused to your computer desk. Simply upload the WordPress content scheduling plugin to your WP-plugins directory and configure it. Afterwards, write a post and schedule the content for whenever in the mid, flush right section of your WordPress new posts section. Sooner than you know, your blog will regularly post content while you're away from home and still benefit from improved SEO, increase traffic, increase blog comments, and more affiliate sales.
5. Comment on your own blog posts after blog readers leave valuable feedback. This adds to the rich content of your blog, and a good way to keep your blog updated and relevant. People and search engines love blog comments and fresh content. If you connect well with people online and give them rich feedback after they leave comments on your blog, they quietly feel invited to come back and say something again. Don't forget to respond to your readers. That's good for business and a way to subliminally get free advertising from them.
It's time for you to start your side hustle blog. When you do, WordPress is your ideal side hustle blogging solution. Stay tuned for more posts discussing everything WordPress.